Monday 26 September 2011

BIL wedding..minefield survival.

Woah, what a weekend.  On Saturday my BIL got married.  I had been seriously worried for weeks about it because it was going to be a minefield.  Firstly, my other SIL is due any day now and at one point she was going to spend the night with us, and I completely balked at that idea.  Secondly, I would have to face BIL/SIL baby and all the cooing.  Thirdly, my SIL mum who had seriously pissed me off two years ago when she abruptly asked, "How many children do you have?  What none?  Why not??????"  I just couldn't stomach her after that one!!! 
Well, for the last month I had prepared as much as I could to face any situation, smart assed answers check, avoidance..check.  However, pregnant SIL didn't have to stay (I had to breathe a huge sigh of relief there).  my SIL mum didn't even mention it and actually complimented me on my dress...hoorah!!! I even managed to sit next to heavily pregnant SIL having twinges all day and the whole world asking her how she is at every available moment and I felt ok.....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!  She did have to leave after the meal as she was tired, and I was also slightly relieved.  I did have a minor blip when we were waiting to go into the dining room and my pregnant SIL and BIL were sitting next to a couple who had a 3mnth old daughter and they were getting tips.  I was also sad when it was the first dance and my BIL, SIL and baby all danced as a family.  There were a lot of children there but I didn't have a melt down.  All in all I was very proud of myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment