Wednesday 3 August 2011

Day 140- First Appointment in Assisted Conception Unit

Firstly I have to say a really big thank-you to several readers who sent their best wishes for today's appointment.  Your kind words of support mean a lot to us. 
Well, I was seriously bricking it today.  I was so nervous.  In the waiting room there at least five couples and a couple of women who came alone.  Seeing that picture made me wonder how many of us will eventually have families.  The woman who went in before us came out looking rather serious.  Unfortunately we sat in the boiling waiting room for 1hr 30mins before we were called.  I was weighed and measured.  This was quite stressful lol....as last year I had lost 8kg and I had put 3kg back on so I am now 47.5kg with a BMI of 22.5.  We were asked the usual questions, age, how long we had been together, smoking and drinking etc.  It was then explained that our options are 1) DE IVF, 2) IVF hopefully with my own eggs (but this is a long shot), or 3) adoption. 
The doctor proposed that I have a uterine scan, an AMH level blood test to see what my hormone levels are like and if the score is good possibly a subsequent dye test to check my gynaecological health. DH has to provide a sample too.  I had the blood test and we are now waiting for my scan date and follow on appointment with the ACU.  
Later on it really hit me that by having that blood test I had gone through the first discomfort for my child and I was fine with it.  It was the first sacrifice I had made for our baby....wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment