Wednesday 10 August 2011

Feeling Unsupported by my Mum (pregnancy mentioned).

Tonight my Mum rang to find out how we coped throughout the London riots.  We were in the thick of it and I had to flee work as I received a warning that a 200 strong gang who had just set a mall ablaze were heading my way.  I hadn't even relayed the whole story when she proceeded to change the subject to my sister's pregnancy.  She had a scan today and found out that she should be having a boy and she wanted my help choosing names.  I was gobsmacked.  My mother sat with me when I was diagnosed and saw my reaction.  Has she forgotten what I went through?  Well I haven't, I have to deal with this for the rest of my life.  My mum then wanted to discuss dates as my sister is due at Xmas, they want to fly in from abroad "to be with her but it would be nice to see me too".  I feel so glad to be their afterthought.  Am I that insignificant now because I can't give her a grandchild?  

No comments:

Post a Comment