Tuesday 2 August 2011

Day 139-Pre Fertility Doctor Appointment Nerves and Questions

Well at 1.30pm, I received my courtesy call from the hospital about tomorrow's appointment.  I can't believe that this is happening. I am finding it rather scary to say the least.  I feel relaxed that I am 31yrs old and we have decided to get the ball rolling now so we have a lot of living to do and preparations to make before any child arrives.  I am just worrying about what could happen.  I would imagine that the doctor will look at my notes and arrange the appropriate medical tests to see if I am even illegible to have IVF.  I am scared to think what they may find.  What if I am not suitable?  This will certainly turn the tables.  We will have to think about what our options will be.  Even though I have known about my TS for so long, I will find it hard to hear the reality of my reproductive health system.  I don't know how healthy I am down there, there are going to be some difficult home truths.
To prepare myself, I have thought of some questions I want to ask.
1) Will I have to take any meds, if so, what are the side effects?
2) How easy will it be to find a matching egg donor?
3) Do we tell our child about how they were conceived?
4) What happens in the procedure?
5) Are there likely to be delivery complications?

I spoke with DH and he seems chilled about it all.  He did look a bit uncomfortable when I told him that at some point he will have to give a sperm sample and he may be required to lose weight...bless him..lol xx

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the blog ("Charlie Wallis" from DM forum), and with your future babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your supportive words Louise, they mean a lot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're most welcome. Have you tried twitter yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, absolutely. My twitter name is barrentobaby.

    ReplyDelete