Monday 18 April 2011

Daily Mail Article- TS patient has baby

Wow!  I have just seen this article in the Daily Mail about a lady in France who has TS and her twin gave her an ovary.  The good news is that she has had a baby!!!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1378000/Mother-gives-birth-baby-girl-given-ovary-twin-world-first.html
Obviously this is fantastic news for all concerned, but it got me thinking about how far would I go to have a baby?  I really can't see myself submitting my already delicate body to such a barrage of extreme medical procedures.  This leads me to wonder how I would react to IVF.  How would I react to the drugs?  They could really affect my body and mind in ways I hadn't expected.  I guess I'm worried about it because I know so little about the type of procedure I may be having.  More importantly than that, how could the drugs affect any baby that I may have?  These are all questions that I will be asking the consultant when I get my first appointment date.  On that front I am still waiting big time.  I am on letterbox duty every day...lol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment