Wednesday 1 June 2011

The In-laws

Hi guys,

Bit of a delicate one here.  Over the weekend I went to see DH family.  I have always had a good relationship with them.  My pregnant SIL came over and I even had a decent chat to her, albeit, not about the baby.  I did feel a little upset when DH asked her a couple of questions like 'Can you feel the baby move? I wish he could see that I don't see that as him just taking an interest but transferring feelings to an outlet, if you catch my drift.  I felt deflated that there is no chance of him feeling our baby kick. I also chocked when my MIL grabbed the bump and spoke to it.  She even kissed her grandson's picture. 
Today was hard because on our way home my MIL saw a cute baby in a pram and said to me 'I want a cute baby from you too!!!!'  WTF.  OK I never talk about my IF, but that really grated me, if only it was that easy.  My DH told me to cut her some slack because she is very ill and is on medication that makes her rather lucid verbally, and her appointment this morning hadn't gone well.  Furthermore, we met BIL/SIL and baby for lunch and naturally MIL cooed over him and the conversation was pretty baby based.  Then, SIL sisters kids arrived and DH was playing with them, that really hurt as I would love to see him play with our kids one day. 
The icing on the cake came when my mum texted me asking if I had spoken to my pregnant sister recently.  COME ON!!!  I am meant to make the effort to swallow my pride and discuss a topic that is so far from me that I would struggle when they have made no effort to cross the same line and comfort me? Why is my TS and IF considered so far down the scale that I don't require support myself.  Actually, I do!
On the plus side, yesterday, I had a lovely day at the zoo and I cuddled a rat and stroked goats, pigs, sheep and cows.  I also saw my favourite animal, the pygmy marmoset....cute xx

No comments:

Post a Comment