Thursday 30 June 2011

My folks called...ongoing acceptance of other's pregnancies when infertile

Well, it was actually my dad who called me last night.  He briefly asked how I am and said that all the family are well.  Within a minute (seriously) he asked if I was talking to my sister and how she needed my support and how much she has matured to the extent that she was being very mindful about me. 
Firstly, I absolutely agree with the sentiment that she has matured.  She hasn't plastered Facebook pictures and announcements etc, and this is something I am completely grateful for.  I guess it is just unrealistic for me to sweep it under the carpet. I guess I am just devestated that I don't get to make either of my or DH parents granparents first, and I am so hurt by that fact.  My mum then spoke to me and after a quick chat about the animals and work etc she said that  she had received pictures of my sister with her new bump.  I just said 'oh, that's nice.'  Mum quickly changed the subject, knowing that she couldn't hide how excited she is to be a granny-to-be. I guess in my situation, I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, if my folks are too near then they are 'in my face' but if I am too far away then 'I am rejected'.  I guess it is going to be a long journey in dealing with family pregnancies, and it isn't just my journey but my family's journey too.  Wow, it has struck me how my tone has changed, maybe I am progressing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment