Thursday 12 May 2011

I spoke to my mum about my sister's pregnancy

As expected my parents called.  My dad didn't chat for long but said that it should be treated positively and that I should support my sister as I am the only member of the family here in the UK, so I should send her a card.  Yes, my sister's pregnancy is a very happy event but surely only send a card when the baby arrives!!!!!  I understand that he is obviously very concerned for her health etc, but seriously, what possible advice could an infertile woman give a pregnant women....exactly!  My sister had said that I had been luke warm.  Well, ok I wasn't gushing, but I wouldn't be like that with anybody else as it isn't my news.  I mean that in a literal way and not in an emotional way.  I see it as a personal event between a husband and wife as it is their direct family.  I am just going to keep my distance as it isn't about me, my sister has many friends who have kids that she can call on.  I don't think I can provide any assistance at all to be fair.  In fact, it would make things worse.
Anyhow, my dad left the room to go to bed and my mum opened up.  She was more understanding about how I may feel, which was very kind of her and it transpires that both my sisters know about my TS and what it means.  I have to say it made me think about how much respect they have given me about it as they have never mentioned it.  It got me thinking that actually, my sister had continued to be kind by telling me quietly and considerately.  She could have had a massive party and let me cry, which would have made me look really bad.  It must have been so hard for her to tell me, after all, I was the last one to know.  I think I have found a new respect for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment