Monday 9 May 2011

Mother's Day Part 2

Hi everybody.  Just checking in and hoping that everybody got through yesterday ok.  It seems that in USA especially there is a lot more fuss made about it.  In the UK it is usually about a week before when the whole high street is festooned with adverts for special deals for mums with cards and balloons in the windows.  I have to say that back in March (UK Mother's Day), I reacted alright.  I guess it was because I worked all weekend , as per usual.  I didn't really think about it.  I actually hate Father's Day more because it reminds me of what I can't give my husband. I browsed through my support websites this morning and I saw that many US readers struggled especially during the traditional church service that saw families congregate and this highlighted the issue for them.  Maybe because I am Atheist, this issue doesn't affect me and maybe it makes it easier.  Father's Day is going to be quite rough for me this year because My DH is now the only male member of his family is isn't a Dad or a Dad to be.  Until now, my DH has been quite poised, but when he goes to his family gathering this year I wonder if it hit him.  I think that I will have to address it this year to help him if he needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment