Sunday 22 May 2011

People Magazine article (Miranda Kerr)

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2011/05/21/miranda-kerr-motherhood-made-me-more-of-a-woman/

I have to say I hate this article title 'Motherhood has made me more of a woman'.  Whilst the article starts to explain that it is her new found curves that make her feel more womanly, it is clearly implied that motherhood is equal to femininity.  What does that make us non-mums?  Are we less than women?  How about those oh so natural mums who mistreat their children, they are surely not as womanly as a loving mother.  Does this mean that us non-mums are equal to those neglectful mothers in terms of womanliness?  Yes, I do feel less of a woman because the most feminine of areas of my body don't work but I know damn well that if we have this treatment and it is successful, I will work damn hard to be a good mum and be a better woman for my child's sake.  Sorry for the rant but I am exhausted and hormonal...lol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment