Thursday 12 May 2011

My dad's role

I have been sitting here thinking about how my dad has reacted to my TS and my sister's pregnancy.  I can understand that because my family are so far away from the UK and I am the only member of the family here with her that he feels that it is my responsibility to look after her.  Quite how I am supposed to advise her is beyond me but I have to ask myself, how has he supported me?  Last night, he never asked me how I feel or how this affects me but that I should be there for her, which of course I am.  He left the nittygritty to my mum, as per usual, maybe it is because it concerns 'lady parts'...lol.  He has never spoken to me about my TS let alone the repercussions of it.  It would be nice to know that he does think about me occasionally.  This just demonstrates to me how IF really does have shattering consequences for not just those directly concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment